Artist Journal Making – with Anne Ryan
4 Week Short Course
New dates announced soon!
will be presenting this four week short course at
(click the link above for booking details)
This 4 week course for adults is an introduction to art practices that many artists use to fuel their imagination and boost the quality and quantity of artistic output. You will learn the importance of keeping your own visual ideas through journals and sketchbooks. Develop your confidence by becoming more familiar with your own visual expression and expand your curiosity through creative practices.
In the first lesson you will complete your own hand made personal artist book that you can develop and add to throughout the four week course. You will experiment with a variety of papers qualities and learn to identify the papers that you prefer for the specific materials and outcomes. Learn to observe and explore techniques with a variety of mixed media including pencil, acrylic paint, inks and water colour paints. This course is designed to help you identify the techniques that open new pathways for your own personal creative flow. The course is designed to suit students with all levels of art skills, even beginners, as well as students who have recently completed our Writing and Illustrating a Children’s Picture Book Course and would like to further expand their knowledge of art practice. All materials are included with the course.
Topics covered in this course:
- Journaling and visual diary processes
- Creating an artist book
- Explore paper qualities
- Explore colour through a variety of mediums including pencil, coloured inks and acrylic paints
- Explore texture and mixed media techniques
- Personal development of artistic themes, developing creative processes
- Observing and Responding to visual expression
- Editing and reviewing personal expression
- Collaborative feedback/responding of shared work in a supportive environment
MALVERN SCHOOL OF ART 273A Glenferrie Road, Malvern, 3144 P: 04 0489 1114